Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Remembrance, February 2013

The boys are so fun.  If I could bottle up our conversations and pull them out when I've had a bad day, I would never be in a bad mood. (Don't over-analyze this.  I KNOW bad moods are a matter of choice, and I can always choose a better mood, even without my magic bottle-conversations.)

Here's what has happened lately, but mostly today during the car ride after school:

1.  Aidan told me that I should start asking him "What did you accomplish today?" Upon further investigation, I realized his motive.  I told him that when I ask him "How was your day?", his answer can include his accomplishments.  I don't have to ask specifically in order for him to share anything with me.  However, I also wanted to ask him the question since he particularly asked me to.  I thought maybe his teachers had had a discussion with him about this, and he had been convinced that this is an important question.  But, upon more questioning (including the question he asked me to ask), he wanted me to know that he made 2 paper airplanes in a new way that he personally discovered.  He was super excited about it.

2.  I don't want to forget Ethan's desire to use big words or phrases.  He really loves to pick up new ways of saying things, then he uses it. Not always correctly.  I wish I had specific examples to share right now, but none come to mind.  It may be more of a tone and way of delivery than the actual words.

3.  Wesley has been disrobing in the middle of night, removing his underwear, putting his pants back on, and putting his underwear on his head.  We find him the morning with his underwear on his head as a night cap.  I am not making this up.  He's sound asleep...with underwear on his head.

4.  We are one class away and one make-up session away from completing our foster parenting training.  Still much to do, but the classes are about to be checked off the list.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment