Sunday, October 10, 2010

Writing It Down

My kids are really great. They are stinkin' funny, and exceptionally cute. I know all parents think this, but have you met my kids? Some of their lines are status updates on facebook, and my father-in-law reminds me "You should really write this stuff down!" Isn't that what I am doing by using my status updates to quote them? You mean, facebook won't save my old statuses...statusi...statussesss...anyway, shouldn't it all be saved from day one from when I opened my account?

I have always been horrible at writing things down, from countless diaries with only one entry as a little girl to trying to journal through my private time with God. I failed, and still do fail, at all attempts to chronicle through the written word. This blog shows my failure at this...take a look at the dates and how often I post.

I have come to accept that I don't think it's necessary to write things down. Is it a good idea? Yes. Is it a healthy, therapeutic habit in which all (especially parents) must engage in order to capture familial memories and grow in our relationship with the Creator? Um, well, I think that is pushing it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment