Saturday, October 30, 2010

Just FYI

I would like to write down some of my children's latest sayings, because facebook won't save my status updates for all eternity. It only goes back so far. So, I am wanting to remember some of their statements, since my kids are the funniest, most interesing people on the planet.

I will try to do this often, but my hopes are not too high that I will succeed.

1. Aidan: "If no one in my family believed in God, I would go to my room, lock my door, and read my Bible and pray." Ethan: "I would say 'Hey, believe in God!' and punch them." (Ethan then decides [after our discussion about what people would think about his God if he punched them] name calling would be his tactic.)

2. Ethan, coming down the stairs: "I am just a regular dude...who's ninja."

3. Aidan and Ethan were making a concoction of leaves/grass/dirt/water for the bugs/worms/etc. Ethan: "You know people from North Carolina would like to try this." What?

4. Ethan, after arguing with Aidan: "He keeps using his muscles and strategy!"

5. Aidan talking about his school project: "Third grade girl walked by and said, 'Yeah, that's my favorite."" Ethan: "Yep...she definitely loves you."

6. Phill to the boys: "So tell me what we read last night?" (from the Bible) Aidan: "The story of Jesus coming to Jerusalem, people throwing down their coats and branches." Phill: "Good. And what were they saying?" Ethan: "Um....Go, Jesus!"

7. "Girls are so weird and whiny when it comes to mud."--Aidan, age 7

8. Hearing your 7 and 5 year old singing "He Reigns" with your 14 month old dancing can bring you to a place of worship like nothing else. (So this was a status update from 8-21-2010. Even though it wasn't something they said, it is something I hope to remember.)

9. Aidan, age 7: "There were 8 girls in class today, and I was the only boy." Me: "You'll love it when you're older. They'll all be fighting over you." Aidan: "If it's a karate fight, I would totally win." (August 1st, 2010)

10. Aidan reciting the Lord's prayer: "...but deliver us from evil, for tight is the kingdom and the power..."

11. Ethan: "With you sore on your foot and your short hair, mommy, you are...kind of...ugly....kind of."

12. Aidan: "Mommy, you're kinda rock star-ish." Either I am really awesome, or my kids are way too sheltered...hmmm. (Wrote this down to remind Aidan when he's a teenager. May 2010)

13. Aidan: "The Bible says to love our enemies, right? So does that mean God loves the devil?"

14. Ethan: "I am not kicking you, Mommy. I am just pushing you with my feet."

This is all for now. I love my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment