Monday, April 4, 2011

Thankful for the To Do

Is there any way I can be a good teacher, a teacher who makes a difference, one who influences my students for God's glory...without grading papers? Seriously, I am horrible at keeping on top of grading certain things, i.e. research papers, projects, etc. Quick little paragraphs, a vocabulary activity, some grammar exercises, etc. aren't so bad.

I just finished 5 research papers in a little over an hour. I have 35 to go (not too bad). BUT, I also have about 197 projects to grade, as well as some curriculum to write. Coupling these duties with laundry, supper, cleaning house, babysitting, over-night house guests, spending time with family, and getting the winter clothes in storage to get out the summer clothes, is not making for a very relaxing spring break.

I have no right to complain, though. Here is a list of reminders of things I can be thankful for, specifically in regards to the items mentioned above:
1. I have a job, many don't.
2. I enjoy my job, many don't.
3. I love managing my household, some don't have a home.
4. I enjoy a bit of pressure and tend to work well when it's applied, some don't.
5. I have the best hubby who does almost anything I ask, including housework and other such things, most women don't.
6. I have a great family that I enjoy spending time with, some don't.
7. My kids have clothes for each season, some don't.
8. I have food to fix for supper, some don't.

This is not a complete list, but I am reminded of a quote that someone famous I should remember said after being robbed (and this is just part of it):

"I am thankful it was I who was robbed and not I who robbed."

No comments:

Post a Comment