Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blast from the Past : Series Finale

This is the last post from the series. As is my custom, I did not continue. Maybe in 2015, I can look back on this blog, and not have the same sentiment. 

(Date uncertain, but after November 20, 2007 and before March 19, 2008.)


Aidan and Political Correctness


Well, the other day I, Aidan, went to a Mexican restaurant with the fam. This is the conversation that ensued:

Me: (Upon hearing the waiter walk by discussing something with the host) "What is that guy talking about."

Mommy: "Well, he is speaking in Spanish."

Me: "Why?"

Mommy: "He is from Mexico. People who are from Mexico speak Spanish."

Me: "This isn't Mexico."

I had no idea that this has been an issue for our government. My daddy grew up in Panama, and my parents try to teach me that all people everywhere are equally loved by God.  Still this doesn't satisfy my innate need for a logical explanation of things. In other words, my parents aren't politically driven, and I have never heard them speak of this issue in the past. It just seems logical to me that if this isn't Mexico, there is no need to speak Spanish. Can someone else explain why this view is not accurate? Keep in mind, I am only 4; I could be missing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment